Welcome to our riding club
Calderdale Saddle Club Clothing is now available to order direct from Prembiz Ltd
Choose from good quality jackets and tops in red, navy or royal blue including:
- Polo shirts
- Padded jackets
- Soft shell jackets
- Black or white saddle cloths (dressage or GP)
All items include an embroidered Calderdale Saddle Club logo.
Area 4 News and Events in 2017
Area 4 Helpers
Remember that if you intend to represent the club at Area events in teams or as an individual you need to volunteer at one or more Area 4 events.
- Our event for 2017 is Junior Show Jumping on the afternoon of Saturday 25th February, we will need to provide 9/10 helpers for this event
- A team of Fence Judges will be needed for Show Cross on Sunday 19th March and Horse Trials on Sunday 18th June
Area 4 Qualifying Events for 2017
- Senior Novice / Intermediate Show Jumping - Sunday 26th February - Bishop Burton
- Show Cross - Sunday 19th March (back up date Saturday 25th March) - Epworth
- Combined Training - Saturday 8th April - Bishop Burton
- Horse Trials - Sunday 18th June - Helen Bell’s
- Dressage to Music - Sunday 16th July - Manor Grange
- Summer Show - Saturday 22nd & Sunday 23rd July - Richmond EC
Checking of Passports
British Riding Clubs like to ensure that all horses competing in Area events are correctly vaccinated, in line with BRC rules.
All passports will need to be checked by your Chef D’Equipe - prior to entries being submitted. If you would like to represent the club at Area events, do make sure you check your horse's vaccinations well in advance. Remember to go right back and not simply check the last few years.
Area officials will turn people away as they are extremely strict!
Date for Area 4 Camp
- 14-20 August at Bishop Burton – further information to follow
Regional Championships 2017 - (and for individuals)
- August Bank Holiday.
Further information to follow
Annual Membership Fee Now Due
Somerford Camp 2017
Somerford Park Camp 2017
Well it's now February, the nights are slowly starting to get lighter and it’s time to start thinking about spring – woo hoo! Once again, we're planning to head to the fabulous Somerford Park 10th to 14th May for a long weekend of fun and frolics (and maybe a bit of riding too)!
Those of us who went to camp last year will appreciate the fantastic facilities on offer (see www.somerfordpark.co.uk). As usual, we'll be sharing the site with another camp and so we'll probably be limited to around 26 horses – so get your application form and deposit in soon to avoid disappointment! This is a really popular camp and we are often over-subscribed so like last year places will be allocated to existing members first (as at 1st Feb 2016) and a waiting list will be kept if required. Lessons will be available from Thursday afternoon onwards but you can choose to arrive at Somerford from Wednesday evening if you wish (subject to a small additional charge). We’ve listened to your feedback and this year the deposit is reduced from £100 to £75, hopefully a little bit better after the expense of Christmas.
Somerford Park have maintained their prices this year so basic cost per horse is likely to be same as last time at approx £130 which includes:
12' sq Monarch stables and 2 bags of shavings (there are no automatic drinkers so you'll need to bring water containers)
- Use of arenas (subject to immediate poo—picking!)
- Use of the farm ride from Thursday-Sunday
- Use of cross-country field
- Use of Pavilion with shower and toilet facilities
- Camping/caravan/horsebox park
On top, there'll be additional charges for:
- Extra shavings
- Lunches & evening meals for you (not including alcohol)
- Arrival on Wednesday eve (including use of the facilities)
- Electric hook up
I’ll provide further details of additional costs as soon as I can.
You'll also need to arrange your own:
Feed for your horse
Accommodation (you can stay in your horsebox, camp or we can provide a list of nearby B&Bs so you can book)
Instructors are still to be confirmed but likely to include some of our favourites like Nik Targett. On your application form, please can you provide us with details of the lessons you'd like during the weekend (flat, SJ, XC) and any special requests including any instructors you really want or don't want.
A deposit of £75 will be required to reserve your place together with your application form which should be posted to Lynda Milner, 8 Old Town Hall Cottages, Wadsworth, Hebden Bridge, HX7 8SP by Friday 17th March 2015. Please make cheques payable to 'Calderdale Saddle Club'.